Lyon, Jean-Michel Aulas warns Chelsea over striker target
15 January 2020
EUROPE- Olympique Lyon president, Jean-Michel Aulas has been adamant that Chelsea’s hopes of signing Lyon striker Moussa Dembele won’t happen in the current window.
Dembele, 23-year-old has already had a verbal agreement in place with Chelsea according to reports. Lyon is proving far more difficult after rejecting a £34million offer and Aulas has warned the clubs that no one will leave his side only incoming transfers.
‘We have not changed our minds. We already made this issue clear in August,’ said Aulas on Tuesday evening when asked about Dembele and quoted by Metro.
‘Moussa is an excellent player. A player who we need. ‘We are taking explicit measures in our recruitment to not bring someone in who will compete for his position. It is not a question of money. Moussa will be with us.’
Lampard played down Dembele switch last week and admitted he is a player that Chelsea were not so keen on in his conversations with the club.
‘He is a player I know, and a player that the club knows,’ said the Chelsea boss. ‘But I’m surprised to see his name to pop up so regularly when it’s not popping up in my conversations so regularly, to be brutally honest.
‘And there are quite a few players in the last week I can say the same about. He’s a player I respect and I know he’s another team’s player. ‘Of course, we’re looking to strengthen and I’ve spoken about strengthening in high areas, goalscorers because it’s where we’ve been found pretty short in home games recently particularly.